Saturday, August 27, 2011

Grover Underwood

File #1: Camp Half-Blood
Sub-file #3: Underwood, Grover

Description:
     I have to say, Grover was one of my favorite characters in the books. He's comical, sarcastic, wears cool t-shirts, he's a nature-lover, and he's half goat - I mean, c'mon people, who doesn't love goats? ...unless you've had unpleasant petting zoo experiences. Then I guess you should get over it, or go get therapy. No judgement, though, we all have our phobias.
     ...but I digress. Anyways, I was pleasantly surprised in the movie when they developed Grover's character to be even cooler than in the books (if that was possible). So I wanted to keep the guy that acted Grover as the character visual. Besides, I love the fact they made him black. Too many white people in those books (kidding!...kinda)
     Grover, our lovable satyr, Percy's BFF, and the chosen one of Pan, etc etc. In my story, I made him a little older, a little more mature, and his relationship with Juniper more evident. I think that's part of the message I'm trying to get across in my story, how people deal with their relationships, romantic or platonic, good and bad. Good relationships= Grover & Juniper, Percy & Annabeth. Bad relationships (aka badly handled) = Nico & Gigi, Solene, Hadley & Stolls.
     But, yeah, all the character changes I make are necessary to the personal intensity of the plot line, but I hope I haven't altered them TOO greatly.

Portrayal by: Brandon T. Jackson
Report by: EMC, author

[Previous: Annabeth / Next: Nico]

2 comments:

  1. Nice ang gigi are a good relationship. there's just the complication of the drawing. which gigi thinks is HER fate. course, at this point, im starting to suspect that the person in the picture is RIA, not GIGI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you're defending her against me. :) but yes, that's true, but the whole thing was badly handled on Gigi's part. It's not a BAD relationship, it just needs some work.

    ReplyDelete